How to Sign Up for a Microsoft Account Using Gmail in 2022?
A Microsoft account is a must-have for everyone using Windows 10 on a personal computer. Moreover, many customers have no idea that they use their Microsoft accounts to use Gmail or any other non-Microsoft email address while creating a Microsoft account.
For the purpose of creating a Microsoft account, Gmail eliminates accounts such as HotMail, Outlook, Live accounts. You may also use Gmail to create a Microsoft Account which allows you to log in to your computer with Gmail.
You can use Windows 10’s Microsoft account features even if you don’t have a Microsoft email address. It isn’t a problem. You may create a Microsoft account using a Gmail address, iCloud, or Yahoo account that you already have.
Take a look at the process of setting up your Microsoft account using your Gmail ID.
Create a Microsoft account By Using Gmail
Most people assume that a Microsoft account needs the Hotmail, Outlook, or other Microsoft-related email address because Windows is a Microsoft product.
But the single requirement for registering for a Microsoft account is an email address. As a result, you are able to sign up for a Microsoft account with your Gmail address. All the benefits apply to Gmail users as those who use Hotmail, Outlook, or Live.com email accounts.
You can able to use Gmail to log into your computer. To make purchases, download apps or software from the Windows Store once you’ve set up a Microsoft account with Gmail.
Sign up for a Microsoft account using Gmail
After installing Windows 10 on a new system or reinstalling it, you may create a Microsoft account with Gmail (after deleting all data).
1. Click the power button to start your PC or laptop.
2. The “Sign in with Microsoft” prompt will appear once you complete the on-screen setup instructions.
Tap the create account option after entering your Gmail address.
3. Use a different password for your computer than your Gmail account’s and press the enter key on your computer’s keyboard on the next page.
4. The next series of instructions will complete the installation of Windows 10 on your computer.
After you have set up your Gmail account, you’ll be able to use it to log in to your computer and make purchases from the Windows Store.
2. Using Gmail, create a Microsoft account on Existing Laptop or PC
Follow the procedures below to sign up for a Microsoft account using Gmail on your present computer.
1. Go to Settings and pick the “Accounts” icon from the drop-down menu.
2. Select sign in with Microsoft Account instead of a link from the accounts screen.
3. When you get to the next screen, select “Create One!” and then “Email Box.”
4. Enter your Gmail address and a password of 8 digits (not your Gmail password) before selecting the Next button on the next page.
Important Note: The “Get a new email address” option will prompt you to establish a new Outlook.com account, so be careful not to click on it.
5. Next, choose the options that apply to you by checking or unchecking them before clicking Next.
6. On the next screen, enter your previous user account password and click Next to validate your identification one final time.
Note: A verification code may be required in some cases to validate your Gmail account.
7. Choosing “Skip this step” on the “Set up a PIN” screen, the setup of a Microsoft account with Gmail is complete.
8. After that, you’ll be able to access your computer and the Windows Store with your Gmail account.
After your Microsoft account has been verified, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of utilizing a Microsoft Account on your Windows 10 system without the requirement for a Microsoft or Outlook.com email address.
For the time being, you’ll be able to log in to your Windows 10 computer using the Microsoft account you just made with Gmail.